Dr Soumitra Burman-Roy
BMedSci, MBBS, MRCPsych, MSc
- Adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, Health anxiety, Phobias and phobic anxiety, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Panic and panic disorder
- Depression, Resistant depression including affective and mood disorder Bipolar disorder including manic and manic depression
- Stress including traumatic stress, Adjustment Disorders, Workplace bullying and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (including complex PTSD)
- Occupational Mental Health
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Personality issues including Personality Disorder
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- Student Mental Health
- Dr Burman-Roy's charges £445 for an hour's appointment and £245 for half an hour's appointment.
- ADHD assessments are charged at £950 with a subsequent 30 minute follow-up (£245).
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Burman-Roy takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Soumitra Burman-Roy is a Consultant Psychiatrist experienced in the assessment and management of common and complex mental health problems including anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, Adult ADHD, Bipolar Affective Disorder and psychoses such as schizophrenia. He is accredited as a specialist in general adult psychiatry and has an endorsement from the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Rehabilitation Psychiatry.
He regularly supports students with their mental health and has worked with student mental health officers in relation to this. He has experience in completing Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) exemptions.
Dr Burman-Roy has experience working in an occupational psychiatry service and has expertise in workplace mental health issues. He trained in the National Adult ADHD Service at the Maudsley Hospital. With the Maudsley Psychotherapy Service, he has delivered therapy in a variety of psychotherapeutic modalities and has been involved in the development and delivery of Mentalisation-Based Therapy training groups for community mental health team staff.
In the NHS Dr Burman-Roy has worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in both primary and secondary care mental health settings where he has assessed and treated a wide range of people with mental health disorders and difficulties. Working closely with local general practitioners and third sector organisations he provided a holistic and patient-centred model of care.
He is the Primary Care Lead for Maudsley Learning where he develops and delivers mental health training for Primary Care Practitioners.
Dr Burman-Roy’s psychiatric training was at the Maudsley Hospital; he was a trainer of junior psychiatrists and a Firm Head for medical students at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School.
Dr Burman-Roy has a special interest in global mental health. He volunteers with a non-governmental organisation in the Maldives to train local mental health staff using the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Mental Health Gap Action Programme. He has collaborated with the WHO to support Low and Middle Income Countries to develop their mental health services. He has lectured on the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine / Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) Global Mental Health MSc. He has also recently featured on BMJ's Talk Medicine podcast discussing Emotionally-Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD), which can be listened to here.
If you're an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist looking to either start or build your own private practice, do see our Join Us page.
Queen Mary’s University of London
- BMedSci Community Health Sciences, 2005
St Bartholomew’s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- MBBS, 2006
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine/Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) KIngs College London (KCL)
- MSc Global Mental Health, 2013
Senior House Officer and Specialist Registrar Training in General Adult Psychiatry
- Maudsley Hospital, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2009-2016
- South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2016 – 2022
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2017 – current