Dr Soumitra Burman-Roy
BMedSci, MBBS, MRCPsych, MSc
Consultations available in English.
- Adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Anxiety including generalised anxiety, Health anxiety, Phobias and phobic anxiety, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Panic and panic disorder
- Depression, Resistant depression including affective and mood disorder Bipolar disorder including manic and manic depression
- Stress including traumatic stress, Adjustment disorders, Workplace bullying and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders University / college student mental health
- Occupational mental health issues.
- Dr Burman-Roy charges £380 for an hour’s appointment, £225 for half an hour’s appointment and £800 for 2 hour ADHD assessments.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Burman-Roy takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Dr Soumitra Burman-Roy is a Consultant Psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. He is experienced in the assessment and management of common and complex mental health problems including anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, Adult ADHD, Bipolar Affective Disorder and psychoses such as schizophrenia. He is accredited as a specialist in general adult psychiatry and has an endorsement from the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Rehabilitation Psychiatry.
In the NHS Dr Burman-Roy works as a Consultant Psychiatrist in a primary care mental health setting where he assesses and treats a wide range of people with mental health disorders and difficulties. He works closely with local general practitioners and third sector organisations to provide a holistic and patient-centred model of care. He is the Primary Care Lead for Maudsley Learning where he develops and delivers mental health training for Primary Care Practitioners.
Dr Burman-Roy has experience working in an occupational psychiatry service and has expertise in workplace mental health issues. He has worked in the National Adult ADHD Service at the Maudsley Hospital. With the Maudsley Psychotherapy Service, he has delivered therapy in a variety of psychotherapeutic modalities and has been involved in the development and delivery of Mentalisation-Based Therapy training groups for community mental health team staff.
Dr Burman-Roy’s psychiatric training was at the Maudsley Hospital; he is a trainer of junior psychiatrists and a Firm Head for medical students at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School.
Dr Burman-Roy has a special interest in global mental health. He volunteers with a non-governmental organisation in the Maldives to train local mental health staff using the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Mental Health Gap Action Programme. He has collaborated with the WHO to support Low and Middle Income Countries to develop their mental health services. He has lectured on the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine / Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) Global Mental Health MSc.
Queen Mary’s University of London
- BMedSci Community Health Sciences 2005
St Bartholomew’s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- MBBS 2006
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine/Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) KIngs College London (KCL)
- MSc Global Mental Health 2013
Senior House Officer and Specialist Registrar Training in General Adult Psychiatry
- Maudsley Hospital, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust 2009-2016
- South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust 2016 – current
- Sloane Court Clinic 2017 – current