- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, social anxiety, phobias and phobic anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic and panic disorder
- Depression, resistant depression including affective and mood disorder;
- Bipolar disorder including manic and manic depression
- Personality issues
- Stress including traumatic stress, adjustment disorders, workplace bullying and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- University / college student mental health
- Occupational mental health issues
Consultant Psychiatrists, Medical Psychotherapists
Dr Robert Harland
BSc(Hons), MBBS(Hons), FRCPsych
Dr Robert Harland is a consultant psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. He is experienced in the assessment and management of common and severe mental health problems including stress, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders and psychosis such as schizophrenia. He works in both inpatient and community/outpatient settings.
His psychiatric training was at the Maudsley Hospital. He is a trainer of junior psychiatrists and teaches medical students from Kings College London. He retains close links with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) including teaching on a number of academic courses, and is a Trustee of the Maudsley Philosophy Group Charitable Trust.
His special interests include the philosophical and conceptual aspects of psychiatry, alternative explanatory models of mental disorder and emotional distress, and combining pharmacological and psychotherapeutic approaches. He has published in a number of academic and popular journals.
He is an editor of the Maudsley Reader in Phenomenological Psychiatry.
If you're an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist looking to either start or build your own private practice, do see our Join Us page.