- Depression (including treatment resistant depression)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other anxiety disorders including social anxiety and panic disorder
- Trauma including adjustment disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex PTSD (cPTSD)
- Interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- Stress and burn out
- Bipolar affective disorder (BPAD)
- Personality Disorder including Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD) and Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
- Complex emotional needs/difficulties
- Substance use
- Sleep difficulties
- Grief and Bereavement
- Psychological aspects of persistent physical health difficulties
Consultant Psychiatrists, Medical Psychotherapists
Dr Daniel Meek
MBBS MA MRCPsych
Dr Daniel Meek is a Consultant Psychiatrist skilled in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. These include depression, anxiety, trauma, interpersonal and relational issues, stress and burnout, personality disorder and complex emotional needs/difficulties.
Dr Meek practices holistic, bespoke person-centered care. This means Dr Meek is interested in you, your unique difficulties as well as strengths. Dr Meek will work collaboratively with you to improve your mental health, over both the short and longer term, optimising your functioning and well-being.
Dr Meek offers the following services
- Psychiatric assessment and diagnosis
- Individualised treatment plans including medication and referral to most appropriate therapy
- Psychoeducation (learn about your condition and what can help)
- Second opinions
Dr Meek works both privately and in the NHS as a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital. This means Dr Meek is a medical doctor with specialist skills in assessing and diagnosing mental health conditions, prescribing medication and offering psychotherapy. Dr Meek is trained in both General Adult Psychiatry and Medical Psychotherapy. Fewer than 1% of Consultant Psychiatrists have this dual qualification, which means Dr Meek is uniquely skilled to offer psychotherapeutic assessment, formulation and management plans.
Dr Meek is registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) demonstrating a capacity to work psychoanalytically to a high standard. Additionally, Dr Meek is trained in Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT), systemic therapy, Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) and Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT).
Dr Meek is also an Associate Medical Director for Southwark, which means Dr Meek is a senior medical decision maker and provides clinical leadership in the Maudsley Hospital.