Clinical Psychologists and Psychotherapists
Dr Louisa Codjoe
BA(Hons), MSc, DClinPsy
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, phobias and phobic anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic and panic disorder
- Depression, including affective and mood disorder
- Personality issues
- Stress including traumatic stress, adjustment disorders, workplace bullying;
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- University / college student mental health
- Occupational mental health issues, anger, family work
- Dr Codjoe charges £200 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Codjoe takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Dr. Louisa Codjoe BA(Hons), MSc, DClinPsych is a Clinical Psychologist approved by the Health Professions Council (HPC). She has worked within the NHS for over four years, within a variety of community, outpatient and inpatient settings. She completed her clinical training at the University of Oxford and has specific clinical and research interests in Psychosis.
She has experience of providing psychological assessments and therapy to a diverse range of patients presenting with psychological difficulties varying in severity and complexity (including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, anger, family work, panic, traumatic stress, and psychosis and personality disorders). Presently she is also working in an early intervention for psychosis service within the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and is employed by the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN). Within this role, she is also able to pursue her research interests, particularly cross-cultural psychology.
Dr Codjoe is trained in a range of psychotherapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT). She also often uses Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Schema-focused therapy (SFT) within her clinical practice.
If you're an experienced Clinical or Counselling Psychologist looking to either start or build your own private practice, do see our Join Us page.
University of Durham
- Psychology BA (2.1), 1999 - 2003
University College London, The Anna Freud Centre
- Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology (MSc). 2004 – 2005.
North East London Mental Health Foundation Trust
- Assistant psychologist – DDART and IMPACT service offering DBT for clients with borderline personality disorder
- Assistant researcher – The Anna Freud Centre. Research into the impact of a mother with borderline personality disorder into child development.
University of Oxford
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 2007 - 2010
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), Kings College London/South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Psychologist. 2011 – Present.
The Sloane Court Clinic
- Clinical Psychologist, 2012 - Present