- Depression, mood disorders including bipolar affective disorder
- Anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), health anxiety, and panic disorder
- Stress, adjustment disorder, burnout and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality issues
- Psychoses including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- Bereavement issues
- University / college student mental health
Dr Beate Haege
MD, BSc, MSc, MRCPsych
Dr Beate Haege is a consultant psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust where she leads a community mental health team. Dr Haege has extensive experience in assessing and treating people with a range of mental health difficulties, including depression, bipolar affective disorder, psychotic disorders, relationship and personality difficulties, anxiety, stress and burnout. She is accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as a specialist in General Adult Psychiatry and has additional endorsement in Liaison Psychiatry.
Before studying medicine, she completed a diploma in Biology (BSc and MSc) in Freiburg, Germany. She trained in psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital and has worked there as a consultant psychiatrist since. She is an approved clinical and educational supervisor for junior psychiatrists and teaches medical students.
Dr Haege uses a holistic and collaborative approach in her practice. She has a particular interest in talking therapies. With the Maudsley Psychotherapy Service, Dr Haege has delivered therapy in a variety of psychotherapeutic modalities including psychodynamic psychotherapy, mentalisation-based therapy and systemic therapy.