Clinical Psychologists and Psychotherapists
Dr Sajdah Zaman
BSc (Hons), MPhil, DClinPsy, CPsychol
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating
- Emotional Eating
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder
- Body image
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, phobias and phobic anxiety, panic and panic disorder
- Depression, including affective and mood disorder
- Personality issues
- Stress, adjustment disorders
- Self-esteem issues
- Dr Zaman charges £200 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Zaman takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged the full fee.
Dr Sajdah Zaman is a senior clinical psychologist registered with the HCPC, a statutory regulator of health and care professionals in the UK. She is also a chartered member with the British Psychological society.
Dr Zaman has extensive clinical experience working post qualification in the NHS since 2007. She has worked in a variety of settings in the NHS such as Personality disorder services, Forensic services and Acute and Crisis Services. For the past 6 years she has been working in a large specialist Eating Disorder Service in London. Dr Zaman has significant experience in assessing and treating people with a range of psychological complexities such as anxiety, panic, depression, anger, low self -esteem, stress and interpersonal difficulties and has a specialist interest in eating disorders. She has been a visiting lecturer teaching on eating disorders at University College London. In addition, she has provided training and supervision to clinical psychology trainees on the London Doctoral training courses as well as supervision of qualified clinical/counselling psychologists.
Dr Zaman’s main therapeutic approaches are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Schema informed therapy and solution focused therapy. In addition, Dr Zaman uses a number of evidence-based therapies to treat eating disorders, these include:
- Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E)
- Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA)
- Specialist Supportive Clinical Management (SSCM)
- Brief Cognitive Behaviour therapy for non-underweight eating disorders (CBT-T)
Dr Zaman completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway, University of London and she has an MPhil in Eating Disorders from the University of Birmingham.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, 1998
University of Birmingham
- MPhil – Eating Disorders (part-time), 1999 - 2002
- Assistant Psychologist, Henderson Hospital, St. George’s and Southwest London NHS Trust, 2002 - 2003
Royal Holloway, University of London
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 2003-2007
- Forensic Service, Chase Farm hospital Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust, 2007- 2013
Senior Clinical Psychologist
- Acute and Crisis Services, Centre, Camden and Islington Foundation Trust, 2013-2016
Senior Clinical Psychologist
- Eating Disorders Service, St Ann’s Hospital, Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust, 2016 - 2022
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 -