If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Psychologists and Psychotherapists
Dr Omara Naseem
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating
- Disordered eating
- Emotional Eating
- Orthorexia/Clean Eating
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder
- Male mental health
- Body image
- Dietetic advice
- Addictions-substance misuse
- Anxiety Disorders
- Low self esteem
- Relationship difficulties
- Occupational mental health issues
- Student mental health
- Personality Issues
- Dr Naseem charges £220 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Naseem accepts patients insured by AXA PPP and Global, WPA, Cigna and Aviva.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Omara Naseem DPsych CPsychol is a respected and recognised senior counselling psychologist based in London, who specialises in eating disorders, depression, anxiety alongside relationship difficulties, low self-esteem and body image issues.
Dr Naseem has experience working at the Priory Clinic (inpatients) and for the internationally renowned NHS South London and Maudsley eating disorders outpatient team. She worked as a senior counselling psychologist for South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust for just under 10 years and has guest lectured at Surrey University for the Doctorate course.
Dr Naseem is a fully-accredited chartered psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Dr Naseem makes a point of getting to know her patients, who are diverse groups of people from all backgrounds, who vary in complexity in order to fully understand them and tailor their therapy.
Dr Naseem, who featured in the recent BBC documentary 'Freddie Flintoff: Living with Bulimia', BBC News, Good Morning Britain and Channel 4 utilises several evidence based therapeutic approaches. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- The Maudsley model of anorexia treatment in adults (MANTRA)
- First episode rapid and early intervention service (FREED).
- Specialist Supportive Clinical Management (SSCM),
- Integrated Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) informed approach
She is passionate about helping others in a personable and warm manner, using her expert knowledge, clinical skills, compassion and empathy to support people through recovery and provide them with the best tools available to build resilience and confidence.
She is exceptionally qualified, possessing a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology from London, (PGDip) in Counselling Studies, Couples and Relationships and Psychotherapy from the University of Edinburgh and a BSc Hons in Psychology.
Furthermore, Dr Naseem also treats patients using psychodynamic and person-centred approaches. She works using evidence-based treatments in accordance the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines, offering a safe space to work together towards goals, recovery and positive change.
Dr Naseem is able to consult in both English and Urdu.
Glasgow Caledonian Univerisity
- BSC Hons Psychology degree (2:1), 2007
University of Edinburgh
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Studies, 2007 - 2008
- Postgraduate in Psychotherapy and Counselling, 2008 - 2011
- Postgraduate in Couples and Relationships, 2009
City, University of London
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, 2011 - 2015
- The Priory Hayes Grove, 2015 - 2015
- The Priory Wellbeing Centre, 2016 - 2017
Senior Counselling Psychologist
- South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Eating Disorders Outpatient Unit, 2010 - 2021
- Dr Naseem Consulting, Harley Street, 2020 -
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 -