If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Dr Matthew Green
BSc, BMBS (Hons), PGDip, MRCPsych
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, social anxiety, phobias, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder including mania and manic depression
- Personality difficulties
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Dr Green charges £445 for an hour’s appointment and £245 for half an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Green is a Consultant Psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. He is experienced in the assessment and management of common and complex mental health problems including depression, anxiety disorders such as obsessive compulsive disorder, adjustment disorder, bipolar affective disorder, personality difficulties and psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia. He is accredited as a specialist in general adult psychiatry and has an endorsement from the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Substance Misuse Psychiatry (including alcohol difficulties).
He is experienced at working towards a holistic understanding and support for individuals’ difficulties. He incorporates psychoanalytically-informed observations within Psychiatric formulations to promote greater understanding and help direct recovery. He also has experience in other psychotherapy modalities such as Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
In his NHS practice, he works in a Lambeth Community Mental Health Team working closely with local general practitioners and third sector organisations to provide mental health support to a large population.
He undertook his Psychiatric Training at South West London and St George’s NHS Trust and completed it at the Maudsley. He completed his Post-graduate Diploma in the foundations of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
He is a clinical supervisor for Psychiatric doctors, training GP doctors gaining experience in Psychiatry and also Medical Students. He provides teaching to medical students at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School and local GPs. He also mentors psychiatrists approaching the completion of their Psychiatric training for their transition into independent consultant practice.
If you're an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist looking to either start or build your own private practice, do see our Join Us page.
Kings College London
- BSc Immunology, 1997-2000
University of Nottingham Medical School
- BMBS (Hons), 2006-2010
South West London and St George’s NHS Trust
- Core Trainee in Psychiatry, 2012-2015
South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- Specialist Trainee in Adult Psychiatry, 2015-2018
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Essex
- PGDip Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, 2016-2019
- South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, including inpatient and community, 2018-present
- South West London and St George’s NHS Trust, 2020-present
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust, 2020
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 -