If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Dr Isabel McMullen
MBChB MRCPsych MSc(Dist)
All aspects of adult psychiatry, including:
- Depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and panic disorder
- Stress, adjustment disorder and burnout
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- Psychoses including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- Women’s mental health
- Bereavement issues
- University student mental health
- Psychological medicine/liaison psychiatry
- Dr McMullen charges £395 for an hour’s appointment and £245 for half an hour’s appointment.
- Dr McMullen is registered with BUPA, Aviva, Vitality, Cigna, GeoBlue, WPA and CISI insurers
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Isabel McMullen is a Consultant Psychiatrist and the Medical Lead for Liaison Psychiatry at King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. She specialises in treating depression, adjustment disorder, stress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, psychosis, and has particular expertise in the interaction between physical and mental health symptoms. Her treatment approach can be described as holistic, integrated, patient-centred and personalised. She is accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as a specialist in General Adult Psychiatry and has additional endorsements in both Liaison and Addictions Psychiatry.
Dr McMullen completed her psychiatric training at the Maudsley, Bethlem and Guy’s Hospitals. She has extensive experience as a medical educator and has published in the academic literature. She was awarded a distinction in an MSc in Medical Education from UCL and is now the Training Programme Director for Well-Being for the London School of Psychiatry. She is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, KCL, and lectures on the Maudsley Training Programme taught course. She is an accredited trainer and supervisor of medical students and junior doctors on the Maudsley Training Programme.
Dr McMullen’s main clinical and research interest is in Liaison Psychiatry, and the interaction between mental and physical health. Her most recent research focussed on the psychosocial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on UK health workers and can be found here. She is an elected member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Liaison Faculty. She is the Medical Lead for the King’s Health Partners Integrating Physical and Mental Healthcare Programme.
University of Manchester
- MBChB (2004)
University College London
- MSc with Distinction in Medical Education (2012)
Core and Specialist Psychiatric Training
- South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (2007-2014)
- Experience included liaison psychiatry, general adult psychiatry, older adult psychiatry, addictions psychiatry and forensic psychiatry
Fellowships, Regional and National Roles
- Fellowship in Medical Education, London Deanery, 2010 – 2011
- Training Programme Director, South-East London Higher Training Psychiatry, Health Education England, 2020-2021
- Training Programme Director for Wellbeing, London School of Psychiatry, Health Education England, 2021 - present
- Elected Executive Member, Liaison Faculty, Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2021 - present
Consultant Psychiatrist Roles
- Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist at King’s College Hospital, 2014 - present
- Medical Lead for Liaison Psychiatry at King’s College Hospital, 2021 – present
- Medical Lead for Integrating Mental and Physical Healthcare Systems Programme, Kings Health Partners, 2019 - present
- Consultant Psychiatrist at Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 - present