Clinical Psychologists and Psychotherapists
Dr Gabrielle Samson
BSc(Hons), DClinPsy, PGDip (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) and appearance-related concerns
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic disorder
- Health anxiety
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- University/college student mental health
- Work related stress
- Adjustment disorders
- Please enquire for Dr Samson's appointment fees.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Samson now takes patients insured by AXA, Cigna, Vitality, CISI and BUPA and accepts their fee levels. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 100% of the fee.
Dr Gabrielle Samson is an experienced Clinical Psychologist with further qualifications in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness Based CBT. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and is an accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies. Following 15 years of experience within the NHS, she now sees private clients at the Sloane Court Clinic, specialising in anxiety disorders (in particular obsessive compulsive disorder), depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She also has a special interest in postnatal depression and anxiety. Dr Samson is committed to delivering a high standard of therapy based on scientific evidence. She offers a warm and compassionate therapeutic style that allows clients to feel safe and supported in moving towards their goals.
Dr Samson completed her doctoral training at University College London, during which time she worked within a variety of clinical settings and gained experience in a range of therapeutic approaches. Following her clinical psychology training she completed further specialist training in CBT at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN). Dr Samson was one of the first clinicians in the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies scheme during the early years of its roll-out across the country. During this time, she worked under the supervision of experts in CBT, providing a high standard of treatment to clients with a range of mental health difficulties. She was also involved in supervising and training more junior therapists and contributing to service development. She gained a position at the highly regarded Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma (CADAT) at the Maudsley Hospital, where she worked alongside some of the leading experts in CBT, treating clients with anxiety disorders and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and supervising trainee psychologists. While working at CADAT, Dr Samson worked within the national Highly Specialised Service to treat individuals from across the UK with severe and enduring Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD). Dr Samson’s most recent position prior to joining the Sloane Court Clinic was at the Complex Depression, Anxiety and Trauma Service at St Pancras Hospital, where she was employed as a Senior Specialist Clinical Psychologist within a multi-disciplinary team. Her role included providing assessment and treatment of clients with severe and complex depression, anxiety and PTSD. She supervised other psychologists within the team, provided placements for trainee psychologists, offered consultancy to clinicians from other disciplines, and contributed to the development of the psychology service. Since leaving this role, Dr Samson has continued to provide supervision and guidance to other psychologists alongside her clinical work.
University of Southampton
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 1st Class, 2003
University College London
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 2008
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (Kings College, London)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, 2010
Oxford Mindfulness Centre, University of Oxford
- Certificate to Teach Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), 2016
Institute of Psychiatry (Kings College, London)
- Research Worker, 2003 - 2005
University College London / Camden & Islington Mental Health & Social Care Trust
- Trainee Clinical Psychologist, 2005 - 2008
South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist / IAPT High Intensity Therapist, Southwark Psychological Therapies Service, 2008 – 2010
- Senior Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Croydon IAPT, 2010 – 2012
- Senior Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma (CADAT), 2012 – 2013
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Psychologist / Clinical Supervisor, Healthy Minds, 2013 – 2015
Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Senior Specialist Clinical Psychologist, Complex Depression Anxiety and Trauma Service (CDAT), 2015 – 2020
The Sloane Court Clinic
- Clinical Psychologist, 2020 -