If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Dr Florian Ruths
MD, FRCPsych, PGDip, CBT
Dr Ruths is able to offer consultations in English, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Health anxiety
- Family and relationship issues
- Generalised anxiety
- Personality disorders
- PTSD and cPTSD
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dr Ruths charges £520 for an hour’s appointment, £780 for a 90-minute appointment and £285 for a half hour's appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Ruths accepts patients insured by Bupa, AXA, Vitality and WPA and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Ruths is a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital in London. He is also an accredited trainer and supervisor in CBT and in Schema Group and Individual Therapy.
Dr Ruths has been working as a General Adult community psychiatrist for many years. Over the last decade, he has developed his expertise in evidence-based psychotherapies. Since 2014, he has been co-leading the Maudsley Schema Therapy Service. Additionally, he has been a Principal Investigator for the International Multicentre Randomised Controlled Trial of Group Schema Therapy for EUPD (Chief Investigator: A Arntz, Amsterdam) for the UK sites. The resulting work was published in JAMA Psychiatry in March 2022 and can be found here.
Dr Ruths has an interest in investigating the impact of cluster B personality traits on child-parent relationships among other intimate relationships. As lead for the Maudsley Mindfulness Service, he has been delivering Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Groups (MBCT) for patients with chronic depression and anxiety problems. He enjoys exploring the overlaps between psychiatric problems and schema and mindfulness approaches. He teaches Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & MBCT on MSc Courses in London at the IoPPN. He has also presented or published in the areas of schema therapy, MBCT, anxiety and depression.
If you're an experienced Clinical or Counselling Psychologist looking to either start or build your own private practice, do see our Join Us page.
Education and Positions
Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Psychotherapist
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 –