If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Psychologists and Psychotherapists
Dr Farha Choudhary
BSc, MSc, PsychD
- Anxiety, including panic and social anxiety
- Depression, including low mood
- Personality disorder
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-esteem issues
- Stress including work related difficulties
- Work related problems including bullying and discrimination
- Dr Choudhary's fees are available upon request.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Choudhary accepts all insurers and accepts their fee level. A preauthorisation number is required.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Farha Choudhary, BSc (Hons), MSc, PsychD is a Consultant Psychologist accredited by the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). Dr Choudhary completed her doctorate at the University of Surrey and has been in clinical practice for 18 years. She is currently in a higher management position in a Central London NHS Trust to support the development and delivery of high quality psychology services.
With many years’ experience of supporting individuals, couples, and organisations experiencing distress, Dr Choudhary is passionate about helping others to make the changes they want and deserve. Dr Choudhary is highly skilled at providing assessment and treatment to individuals and couples with a wide array of difficulties. She can support you with experiences of anxiety, depression, anger, trauma, stress, burnout and work-related difficulties, bullying, self-harm, racism, relationship issues, personality disorder, offering both short and long term interventions. Dr Choudhary considers issues of difference in her work with clients, paying attention to the implications of race, gender, religion, class, social status and sexual orientation.
Dr Choudhary is trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), psychodynamic counselling, Person-Centred therapy, Mindfulness based approaches, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and can offer therapy in these modalities. Her therapy is also informed by schema and culture based theories.
Dr Choudhary is able to consult in both English and Urdu.
Royal Holloway University of London
- BSc Psychology 2:1 (Hons), 1999 - 2002
University of Surrey
- Doctorate in Psychotherapeutic and Counselling Psychology, 2004 - 2007
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Community Psychologist-Specialist psychologist, 2007 - 2008
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Personality Disorder Service- Highly Specialist Psychologist, 2008 - 2013
- Psychologically Informed Consultation & Training (PICT) Service, Highly Specialist Psychologist, 2013 - 2019
- Psychologically Informed Consultation & Training (PICT) Service Lead, 2019 - 2022
- Consultant Psychologist to Community Services, 2022 - Present
- Maple Psychology, 2008 - 2012
- Knowledge and Understanding Framework-Lead trainer, 2010 - present
- Revive Psychology, 2012 - present
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2022 -
Open University & University of Nottingham
- MSc Working with Personality Disorder: Extending Expertise, Enhancing Practice-Distinction, 2014 - 2018
University of Essex & Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- MA in Organisational Consultancy, 2021 - Current