Clinical Psychologists & Psychotherapists
Dr Eli Joubert
BAFA, BA(Hons), MA, PsyD
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Phobias and phobic anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic and panic disorder
- Resistant depression including affective and mood disorder
- Personality issues
- Stress including traumatic stress
- Adjustment disorders and life adjustment issues
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- University / college student mental health
- Occupational mental health issues
- Sexual difficulties
- Dr Joubert charges £230 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Joubert does not accept insurers and kindly requests prepayment for those with insurance cover.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Dr H Eli Joubert is a chartered clinical psychologist with several years’ experience in the assessment and treatment of psychiatric and psychological disorder. In addition, he has much experience as a clinical supervisor. Post-qualification, he gained a professional qualification and European-wide experience in psycho-sexology.
Dr. Joubert was formerly a senior clinical psychologist at the Maudsley Hospital. Here he provided specialist clinical psychology care, mainly to out-patients including those with complex physical and psychiatric presentations, often as part of a larger care-team.
In addition to clinical work, Dr Joubert teaches on the Doctoral course in Clinical Psychology (PsychD) at the University of Surrey. He speaks regularly at conferences across Europe and is a visiting Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Sexology of the Polish Sexological Society, Warsaw, Poland. He is experienced in risk assessment, teaches this formally and does risk assessments and medico-legal reports for Parole Board hearings. Dr Joubert has several research interests, including aspects of liaison psychiatry, and is research active.
In working with individuals he is skilled in working with mood difficulties, such as anxiety and depression, stress, trauma, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and all sexual difficulties. His experienced in applying psychological therapies when working with symptoms of major mental illness, draws from a range of therapeutic models, including Behavioural, Psychodynamic, Systemic, Mentalization Based Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. With groups, Dr Joubert has skills in change management, conflict resolution and boundary negotiation.
Dr Joubert has a particular interest in adjustment disorder, the psychological difficulties often accompanying life changes. This includes adjustment to life events, such as divorce, death, termination of pregnancy and others and physical conditions such adjustment to treatment for Parkinson’s disease, radical prostatectomy, mastectomy, amputation, Peyronie’s disease and most other changes in the physical body.
Originally from South Africa and clinically trained there, he has much experience working with all aspects of diversity for both individuals and groups.
University of Cape Town, South Africa
- 1995 BA (Fine Art) (Distinction; Dean’s Merit List)
University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa
- BA (Hons) (Psych) (First class honours) 2005
Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- MA (Clin Psych) (First class) 2008
University of Leicester
- PsyD (Top-up) 2014
Clinical Psychologist Positions
- Clinical Psychologist, Eastern Cape Department of Health, South Africa 2009-2010
- Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist, West London Mental Health Trust 2010
- Senior Clinical Psychologist, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2010-2015
- Clinical Psychologist, Sloane Court Clinic 2016 -
- British Psychological Society, Committee Member - Section of Psychology of Sexualities 2010-2013
- British Society for Sexual Medicine, Council Member BSSM
- UK Ministry of Justice – Gender Recognition Panel, List of specialists, Gender Dysphoria