Dr Catherine Wilson
BSc (Hons), MBChB, MRCPsych, MSc, PGCE
- Pregnancy-related mental health
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) Anxiety and depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Birth trauma
- Puerperal/postpartum psychosis
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Personality issues
- Adjustment disorders
- Pre-conception counselling
- Panic and panic disorder
- Bipolar affective disorder
- University / college student mental health
- Mental health difficulties in the context of physical health problems
- Liaison psychiatry
- Dr Wilson charges £380 for an hour’s appointment and £225 for half an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Wilson takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged 50% of the fee.
Dr Wilson is a Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Wilson trained on the Maudsley rotation as both a General Adult Psychiatrist and specialist Perinatal Psychiatrist. As part of that training she has extensive community and inpatient experience including working within specialist services such as the National Psychosis Unit and an inpatient Mother and Baby Unit. She is accredited as a specialist in General Adult Psychiatry and has an endorsement from the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Liaison Psychiatry.
She is experienced in the assessment and management of common and complex mental health problems including anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, Adult ADHD, Bipolar Affective Disorder and psychoses such as schizophrenia both related to pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period but also more generally in both men and women. She also has extensive experience of working with people with mental health difficulties in the context of chronic or severe physical health problems.
In her NHS practice Dr Wilson works as the Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist for a busy and growing team in South London.
Dr Wilson has extensive experience as a teacher and has developed a number of highly successful and nationally delivered training courses in the field of Mental Health Simulation, particularly relating to Perinatal Mental Health. These are aimed at a multidisciplinary audience both within primary and secondary care and across social care. She holds a PGCE qualification in Clinical Education.
University College London and the Wellcome Institute
- BSc (Hons) First Class Honours, History of Medicine, 2005
University of Leeds
- The Scattergood Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2006
- MBChB, 2007
Foundation Training, South West Thames Foundation School
- Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, General Medicine/Endocrinology, Acute Geriatrics, St George’s University Hospital NHS Trust, 2007-8
- Psychiatry, General Practice, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust, 2008-9
Core and Specialist Psychiatric Training
- South London & Maudsley NHS Trust, 2009-2019
- Fellowship in Medical Education/Simulation 2014-2015
- Daksha Emson Prize in Perinatal Psychiatry, Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2016
Imperial College London
- MSc with Distinction, History of Science, Medicine & Technology, 2013.
- Dissertation focussing on the conceptualisation of puerperal mental illness at the end of the nineteenth century.
King’s College London
- Postgraduate Certificate (PGCE) in Clinical Education with Merit, 2017
- Bethlem Royal Hospital, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2019 – present
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2019 - present