If you or a loved one are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please view our Crisis Information
Dr Andrew Camden
MRCPsych, MBBS, MA (Hons) Cantab.
All aspects of adult psychiatry, including:
- Depression including treatment resistant depression
- Anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, health anxiety, social anxiety, phobias, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar affective disorder including mania and manic depression
- Personality issues including personality disorder
- Psychosis including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders
- Persistent physical symptoms and medically unexplained symptoms
- Psychological medicine/liaison psychiatry
- Stress, adjustment disorder and burnout
- University/college mental health
- Dr Camden charges £395 for an hour’s appointment and £245 for 30-minute follow-up appointments.
- For self-pay appointments, the clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the appointment time may still be liable to be charged, at up to 100% of the appointment fee. This will be at your clinician’s discretion.
Dr Andrew Camden is a Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, where he leads a multidisciplinary clinical team. Dr Camden has extensive experience of assessing and helping people with a range of difficulties and diagnoses, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, stress and burnout, personality difficulties and disorders, psychotic disorders and medically unexplained symptoms. Dr Camden’s role as a Liaison Psychiatrist gives him a particular expertise in the complex interplay between mental and physical health.
Dr Camden has completed training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust and is accredited with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) to work with individuals and couples. He uses both his Psychiatry and Psychotherapy training and experience to form a holistic understanding of patients’ difficulties and to collaboratively develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
Dr Camden is registered with the General Medical Council as a specialist in General Adult Psychiatry and has an endorsement with the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Liaison Psychiatry. He trained at the Maudsley, gaining experience in a range of settings including inpatient units, community teams, liaison services, a day service for patients with personality difficulties and a specialist service assessing patients with chronic fatigue and other persistent physical symptoms. Dr Camden studied medicine at University College London as a graduate student. He previously studied modern languages and history at Cambridge University and gained experience working in management consulting, business administration and for an American study abroad programme.
- Lewisham Mental Health Liaison Team, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2019 -
- Sloane Court Clinic, 2023 -
Specialty Registrar in Adult Psychiatry
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2016 - 2019
Core Trainee in Adult Psychiatry
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 2013 - 2016
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with Couples, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, 2018 - 2021
- Intercultural Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (with individuals), Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, 2018 - 2020
- MBBS Medicine, University College London, 2006 - 2011
- Modern Languages and History, Trinity College, Cambridge University, 1998 - 2002