Clinical Psychologists & Psychotherapists
Dr Anastasios Argyropoulos
BSc (Hons), MSc, PGDip, PGDip, AdvDip, PsychD
Dr Argyropoulos is able to undertake treatment in English and Greek
- Low self-esteem
- Emotional and relationship problems
- Generalised anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Personality disorders
- Dr Argyropoulos charges £220 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Argyropoulos takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Dr Anastasios Argyropoulos is a Counselling Psychologist chartered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health Professions Council (HCPC) and a psychotherapist registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Dr Argyropoulos worked as a psychologist in psychiatric rehabilitation abroad, co-founding an NGO and managing a specialist service. He has extensive clinical experience having worked both in the National Health Service (NHS) and in the private sector in Greece and the UK with adults presenting with mild to severe psychological difficulties ranging from mild anxiety, anger, bereavement, low self-esteem, emotional and relationship problems, phobias, to generalised anxiety, depression, trauma, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders and psychosis.
He is currently in an NHS primary care setting where he supervises the work of other health professionals, coordinates placements and runs a psychosexual clinic. Dr Argyropoulos is active in research and is contracted by established Institutions as a tutor/trainer of mental health and other professionals. He has a particular interest in working with individuals who experience enduring emotional dysregulation and long-standing relationship difficulties.
He has received training in different psychotherapeutic modalities including Humanistic-Phenomenological (Person-centred therapy), Existential therapy, mindfulness based and Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), emotion-focused therapy, narrative therapy, couple therapy, and psychodynamic approaches.
University of South Wales, UK
- BSc (Hons) with First Class, Psychology, 1997-2000
University of Aberdeen, UK
- MSc Management, 2000-2001
University of Strathclyde, UK
- PGDip in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy, 2010-2013
Naos Institute, London, UK
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision and Consultancy, 2016-2017
Naos Institute, London, UK
- Advanced Diploma in Couples Counselling, 2017-2018
University of Roehampton, UK
- Doctor of Psychology, PsychD in Counselling Psychology, 2015-2019
Putneymead Group Medical Practice, NHS Wandsworth CCG, Putney, London
- Counsellor/Psychotherapist 2018-
Naos Institute, Ealing, London
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist, Academic Tutor and Trainer 2016-
Sloane Court Clinic, London
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist, 2019 –