Ms Raquel Correia
Ms Correia is able to provide psychological assessment and therapy in English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Traumatic stress
- Sexual assault and sexual health
- Relationship difficulties
- Generalized anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Phobias and phobic anxiety
- Ms Correia charges £180 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Ms Correia takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Ms Correia is an experienced consultant clinical psychologist with over 15 years’ post-qualification experience. She is chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and is registered with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC). She is also an EMDR Europe accredited consultant and clinical supervisor and a member of the EMDR UK & Ireland Association.
Ms Correia is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist working in the National Health Service – King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - specialising in the field of traumatic stress, sexual assault and sexual health, in addition to her general psychological expertise in common psychological disorders
She specialises in working with adults who have experienced psychological trauma and has extensive experience of assessing and treating general psychological difficulties such as Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic birth, childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault, depression, low self-esteem, bereavement and loss, relationship difficulties, psychosexual difficulties and, anxiety-related disorders such as social anxiety, generalised anxiety, phobias and panic disorder.
She specialises in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR). She has also attended training in a variety of other psychological treatment models such as Compassion Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Brainspotting. In her therapeutic work, she often integrates a range of therapeutic models and techniques depending on the patient’s individual needs.
In addition to direct work with individuals, she also provides supervision to psychology trainees and qualified clinical and counselling psychologists and medical professionals.
She is actively involved in providing teaching and training for various professional groups such as the Metropolitan Police, the Crown Prosecution Service, medical students, clinical psychology trainees and multidisciplinary teams. She has presented at several national and international conferences and training programmes. Her research area of interest is on trauma and sexual assault.
University of Minho (Portugal)
- Licenciatura in Psychology – Clinical and Health Psychology 1998-2003
- PsyD (top up)- Professional Doctorate in Psychology 2016-present
Clinical Psychologist Positions:
- Clinical Psychologist, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust 2005-2006
- Clinical Psychologist, NHS Fife 2006-2009
- Lead Clinical Psychologist, Barts Health 2009-2018
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 2013-present
- Clinical Psychologist, Sloane Court Clinic, 2012-present