Dr Maria Jalmbrant
Consultations available in English and Swedish
- Anxiety including generalised anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Phobias and phobic anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic and panic disorder
- Body-dysmorphic disorder and body image problems
- Personality issues
- Stress including traumatic stress
- Adjustment disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- University / college student mental health
- Occupational mental health issues
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism and autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Women's health
- Dr Jalmbrant charges £200 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Dr Jalmbrant takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Dr. Maria Jalmbrant is a clinical psychologist with over ten years’ post-qualification experience in the assessment and treatment of psychological difficulties.
Dr Jalmbrant has been working at the Sloane Court Clinic since 2010 and she also holds practicing privileges at the Lister Hospital. She has previously run an ASD and ADHD service within South London and the Maudsley NHS Trust and has also worked at the National Adult Autism and ADHD Service. Prior to that, she worked at the Adult Psychology Service at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital treating patients with a range of symptoms such as anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and bipolar affective disorder.
She specialises in providing psychological therapy for a range of difficulties, including women’s health and fertility, adjustment difficulties, developmental disorders (e.g. autism, ADHD/ADD), anxiety, social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, professional issues, procrastination, organizational difficulties, perfectionism, obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD), relationship difficulties, personality disorders, self-harm, body-dysmorphic disorder and body image problems, eating disorders, Tourette’s Syndrome, bipolar affective disorders, PTSD, addiction, anger and aggression.
Her main therapeutic approaches are cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), schema-focused therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), but she has also trained in cognitive analytic therapy, brief solution-focused therapy, and compassionate CBT. She can also provide specialist diagnostic assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorders for men and women, neuropsychological assessments of specific and general learning difficulties and to clarify the clinical presentation of cognitive difficulties where indicated.
Dr Jalmbrant is actively involved in research and training and her research interests focus on the psychological impact of early pregnancy complications and fertility problems, uterus transplants, fertility preservation, the emotional impact of doctors going through the complaints process, measuring outcomes in clinical practice, the diagnostic process of Autism spectrum disorders in adults. She has previously worked part time as a clinical tutor at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King's College London.
- BSc Psychology (Hons) 2:1 2003
Royal Holloway, University of London
- DClinPsy 2006
Assistant Psychologist Position
- Assistant Psychologist, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust, 2002-2003
- Head of Research, The Research Institute, 2008-2010
- Clinical Tutor, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King’s College London, 2011-
Clinical Psychologist Positions
- Clinical Psychologist, Central and North West London NHS Trust, 2006-2008
- Senior Clinical Psychologist, South London and the Maudsley NHS Trust, 2010-present
- Clinical Psychologist, The Sloane Court Clinic, 2011-present