Ms Jessica Roberts
BA(Hons), PGDipPsy, MA
- Specific phobia
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Depressive mood disorders
- Personality difficulties and self-harming behaviours
- Emotional dysregulation
- Social anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Couples therapy
- Grief and loss
- Adjustment disorder
- Stress and exam anxiety
- Schema-informed therapy
- Ms Roberts charges £220 for an hour’s appointment.
- For self-pay appointments, the Clinic generally requires payment at the time of making a booking.
- Ms Roberts takes all insurers and accepts their fee level. A pre-authorization number is required.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours ahead of the appointment will be charged at 50% of the fee.
Jessica Roberts is a clinical psychologist holding registration in both the UK and Australia. Mrs Roberts has worked across an array of mental health care settings during and after her training within the government sector, private inpatient settings, social services, community outreach and outpatient services.
Within her experience Mrs Roberts has worked with patients of different age groups across the lifespan, whom have varied in their cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and presentations. Mrs Roberts works with an array of mental health problems including trauma, perfectionism, specific phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), eating disorders, anxiety disorders, depressive mood disorders, personality difficulties and self-harming behaviours and emotional dysregulation. Mrs Roberts has also worked with interpreters to deliver assessment and treatment for patients for whom English is not their first language. She has worked with patients experiencing adjustment distress as a result of becoming refugees or experiencing grief and loss.
Mrs Roberts’s main clinical modalities include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and elements of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) such as distress tolerance techniques, mindfulness and third wave CBT approaches. Mrs Roberts also takes a relational approach in her work empathising the importance of rapport and trust between patient and therapist.
Mrs Roberts has supervised junior and assistant psychologists and has also presented her research on cultural awareness at the World Congress of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies in Melbourne, Australia in June 2016.
Mrs Roberts is actively committed to continuous professional development.
NMIT College. Melbourne Australia
- Diploma in visual Arts Major Photography
Deakin University, Melbourne Australia
- Bachelor of Arts, Major Psychology (Distinction)
Deakin University, Melbourne Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
Australian College of Applied Psychology, Melbourne Australia
- Masters in Clinical Psychology
Clinical Psychology Positions
- Senior Advocate – Ames, Adults, Melbourne Australia, 2013
- Provisional Psychologist- University Clinic, Adults, Sydney Australia, 2015
- Provisional Psychologist- Redbank House Psychiatric hospital, Adolescents, Sydney Australia 2015
- Provisional Psychologist- Neuropsychological Assessments, Children and Adults, Sydney Australia 2015
- Provisional Psychologist- Criminal Justice Program Offenders and disabilities, Adults, Sydney Australia 2015
- Clinical Psychologist - Community Justice Program assessing complex clients with an intellectual and learning disability (Mild, Moderate and Severe) and whom had involvement in the custodial system. Often dual diagnoses mental health and intellectual disability, Adults, Sydney Australia 2015-2016
- Clinical Psychologist- Social Services working with child in need team assessing children and their families within child protection, London 2016
- Clinical Psychologist/ Team leader- Ellern Mede specialist center for eating disorders, Adults and young people, London 2016-Current
- Clinical Psychologist, Sloane Court Clinic, London 2019- Current
- HCPC- UK
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency – Australia